Zipato IR Extender is a Z-Wave enabled IR extender that works with Zipato home automation or any other Z-Wave enabled network. It has an integrated IR control code library to simplify the setup and configuration process. Using it with the Zipato controllers and Zipato Rule Creator you can run virtually limitless automation scenarios such as configuring the Z-Wave enabled thermostat to automating and remotely controlling IR enabled air conditioners and many other IR devices.
- Controls IR-enabled air conditioners and many other IR devices
- Built-in temperature sensor
- Works with most Z-Wave compliant controllers
- Supports most of the popular air conditioner brands in the market
- Programmable power level (LOW or HIGH) for external IR emitter to avoid saturation of IR receivers
- Dual mode (FliRS mode when working on battery, Always listening mode when work on AC power)
- Built-in 5 direction IR emitters (hemispherical coverage), plus 3.5mm jack for external wired IR emitter
- Built-in AC IR code library with Configuration Learning capability
- 120-code list provided through Z-Wave configuration commands
- Easy installation
PROTOCOL Z-Wave POWER
- USB mini-B, DC 5V 100mA
- Battery AAA x3pcs (dismountable battery pack)
IR LEARNING Max. 23 commands RANGE
- Up to 8 meters line of sight, in unobstructed environment
- Up to 25 meters outdoor line of sight, in unobstructed environment
OPERATION TEMPERATURE 0°C ~ 40°C DIMENSION
- Dia.=70mm, T = 18mm (Main unit)
- Dia.=70mm, T = 15.5mm (Battery chassis)
- Part 15 of the FCC Rules / LVD
- Directive 2006/95/EC / EMC
- Directive 2004/108/EC / R&TTE
- Directive 1995/5/EC
- 35g (Battery chassis excluded)
- 60g (Battery chassis included)
- 90g (Main + Battery chassis + AAA x3pcs)
- rm-zxt120.eu / 868.42 MHz (EU)
- rm-zxt120.au / 921.42 MHz (AU)
- rm-zxt120.in / 865.20 MHz (IN)
- rm-zxt120.is / 916.02 MHz (IS)
- rm-zxt120.ru / 869.02 MHz (RU)
- rm-zxt120.us / 908.42 MHz (US)
WARRANTY 1 year standard
WHERE SHOULD I PUT IT?
The best place to install the IR extender is where it has a line of site to several AC units and other IR devices you want to control. Take advantage of capabilities to send signals in 5 directions to achieve that. The operating distance of the external IR emitter is around 100cm (High power mode) and 50cm (Low power mode) but it also depends on the sensitivity of the IR receiver.
HOW MANY DO I NEED?
You will need at least one for each room where you want to control the IR devices.
WHAT ELSE SHOULD I KNOW?
With a hard to reach location, use ZTX-120 with batteries but use it with power adapter where you can.
HOW TO SELECT MY AIR-CONDITIONER IR CODE FROM ZXT-120?
You should refer to the code list and look into the brand and try the code number sequentially until you find the right code. You can record down your device code under the table for future reference after setting up the ZXT-120 correctly.